Monday, September 24, 2018

Let Your Light Shine


Do you have a deep yearning that God has given you? It could be to do almost anything. I love the way God builds within us desires that line up with His will. It can be as simple (or complicated) as longing for a family of your own. Some might have a passion to be a song writer. Or perhaps your aspiration is to be a missionary or a doctor. It can be any number of a myriad of things since God created each of us different and unique. We all have a place and job in His kingdom here on earth. Don't you love that?

We are to use our gift to point the way to Jesus. I love these verses from Matthew 5:14-16. "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." (NIV)


I too have had a deep longing ever since I was a little girl…to be an author. It's taken many years of writing with many rejections along the way. The path has been strewn with many ups and downs.
In the process of waiting, He has taught me many things. Most importantly is to keep my eyes on Him and trust Him to bring answered prayers about in His timing. He knows what is best for me. Even when things look the most dismal, I still can find hope and peace in God.

How about you? How are you using your gifts to point others to Jesus? 



Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. She's a contributor and co-founder of Stitches Thru Time blog. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.




6 comments:

  1. I’ve always had a yearning to sing/worship God! When I came to church, I joined choir and I sing in a worship group nowadays! Praise the Lord for the talents He gives us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a gifted singer, but I do enjoy singing in the church choir as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I totally understand about wanting to be an author. That has been my dream, too. Now, my first children's book is published. I continue to write Christian fiction and non-fiction in hopes of having those stories published one day soon. I pray my words will always shine God's love to others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful that you have a book published, Melissa. Praying for you as you continue to see God's direction with your writing.

      Delete
  3. Nice devotional thought, Jodie. I was a non-traditional student when I received my MS in counseling to fulfill a heart desire to work with abused children and their non-offending caregivers.

    ReplyDelete