Saturday, August 25, 2018

Birthday Bash Interview with Author Laura Frantz

Welcome, Laura! We're so glad you could stop by for our Birthday Bash! It's been a fun month talking birthdays with authors. Have Birthdays played a part in any of your books?

Yes, Happy Birthday to Silas Ballantyne who actually collapsed at the family gathering as his cake was being cut! He was nearly one hundred, bless him, and the third book in the series was coming to a close.

Oh my! That must have put a damper on the celebration. What is your most recent book birthday?

The Lacemaker was born last January 2018, and I miss those characters! Think Welsh hero, Lady Elisabeth, spies, historical fireworks in 1775…

I loved that story! (And not just because my ancestors were Welsh and arrived in the U.S. in the mid-1600s.) If Lady Elisabeth was invited to our birthday party, would she come? What would she bring? 


Lady Elisabeth loves a good tea party with a Georgian vibe. She’d likely bring Liberty Tea as she’s a staunch Patriot. And she has a thing for scones with lemon curd and clotted cream!

Lemon curd is so good! I only recently learned to make it. If we ask Lady Elisabeth to sing us a happy birthday song, what would happen?

No doubt she would sing a rousing patriotic song of the day, maybe Johnny has gone for a soldier as she’s certainly in love with one!

I love her spunk! What was your most memorable birthday? Why?

Oddly enough, my favorite birthday was age seven. I don’t remember anything about it but that special feeling from it. I’d give anything to rewind time and figure out what made it so wonderful.

Rapid Fire Round! (One sentence answers.)
Birthday cake or Ice Cream?
Cake, please, with lots of icing!

Streamers or confetti poppers?
Neither. Just lots of sparklers.

Do you like surprise parties?
I wish I did! I’m a planner/plotter except for writing stories. I don’t like surprises!
Books or gift cards?
Either works well – I’d use the gift cards to buy books.


Where can readers find you online? My online home is www.LauraFrantz.net

I’d love to see reading friends here, too: https://www.facebook.com/LauraFrantzAuthor/

https://www.pinterest.com/laurafrantz/ https://www.instagram.com/laurafrantzauthor/

Anything else you’d like to share? 

Excited to share that my 10th novel will release this coming January ~ A Bound Heart. Over the moonbow about this Scottish-coming-to-America novel inspired by my Scots ancestry!

I can't wait to read that one! Thank you so much for being with us today!
So enjoying your birthday bash here and meeting new readers/writers! Heartfelt thanks!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for hanging out with us today, Laura! I love cake, too, but less frosting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome! All this cake talk makes me hungry:) I'm on the way to a family reunion today and then a wedding next weekend so here's hoping for some wedding cake! I appreciate the invite here. What a fun blog:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your great interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for being here, Melanie. I always enjoy meeting new readers - happy 5th birthday to a beautiful blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Laura for joining the party fun. I actually like cake, not much icing, and lots of ice cream 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, Ice cream, aye! Thanks for being here and joining the fun. I can't think of anything better than books and cake on a summer Saturday:)

      Delete
  4. It's always a joy to hear from you, dear Laura. So looking forward to your next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ruth! So good to see you here - a gift to me this rainy Saturday morning :) One day I hope to meet you in person but for now, this does quite nicely. I'm resuming social media now that our son's graduated from the military and I can get back online. Looking forward to a beautiful autumn with you!

      Delete
  5. We have all of Laura's books in the church library except for this one, "The Lacemaker". Miss Betty would be thrilled if I won this book. She is in her 80's and every Sunday she asks me if I've gotten this book yet.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Janet, Your comments and hearing about Miss Betty mean so much! Church libraries are so important a ministry. I spent a lot of time in ours growing up. I'm going to private message you in a minute. Thank you for your time here!

      Delete
  6. Nice to you have hanging out with STT fans to celebrate birthday month. "The Lacemaker" cover is beautiful and the heroine will be a lot of fun to read about. Thank you for sharing, Laura Frantz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, So appreciate your being here on a busy summer Saturday! Thanks for the cover kudos, too. I do think Revell did a beautiful job on this particular cover which is actually an 18th-century gown in a museum collection. I hope you enjoy this story if you read it!

      Delete
  7. Happy to have you here today, Laura. I know you're off to your family reunion. We were supposed to have ours today too, but it got rained out. The best laid plans ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you here, Pegg. Thank you for the gracious invite! Just returned from our family reunion where I even had cake so feel I've indeed been to a birthday party in two places:) Hope your Saturday is peaceful despite the change of plans. I'm enjoying looking around here and think I might have to make that peach recipe I spy...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful interview!!! I haven't gotten my hands on "The Lacemaker" yet, but the cover is beautiful, as are all of yours! Love you, my KY friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read The Lacemaker shortly after it came out and enjoyed it tremendously! Which really isn't surprising someone I love your writing Laura :-)

    Very fun interview, I love getting to know more about "my" authors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, thank you for stopping by! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete