A bit of information about Sassafras:
RECIPE for Sassafras Tea:
This is a simple and easy recipe that hubby uses often.
- Gather sassafras roots (yellow, white or red. we use the red); let dry
- Cut into chunks if desired, and drop from four to six chunks (depending on size. We use around an inch and half to three inch strips) into a two-four quart pot of water and let boil for several minutes until you have a beautiful cinnamon brown drink.
- Remove chunks of root (strain, is what we do)
- Pour into a pitcher and let cool (or drink warm for winter or for a cool summer morning)
- Add your preference of sweetener to taste; stir till dissolved
- Pour over ice cubes for a cold drink or into a mug for a warm drink