It's easy, quick and fairly simple to do.
- Choose type of wooden box you want (I used a simple wooden slatted box, like a recipe box, only bigger) Hobby Lobby and other craft stores are the best place to buy these.
- Glue (a gel material or even Elmer's glue will work)
- Picture (I printed off a picture of my book on thinner card stock, but regular paper would work too)
- Stain your box, if you want. I used a fairly light stain but it's your choice. Let dry.
- Measure your box top to see what size of picture you need. A little bigger won't hurt.
- Now light a match or use a candle lighter and carefully burn the edges of your picture. Be prepared to smother the fire as needed so that too much won't be burned away. Jagged edges are good!
- Now gently wipe away all smudges of soot, leaving just a touch of black to the edges.
- Apply glue to the back of your picture and place on the lid of the box. Press firmly, smoothing out all wrinkles. Let dry.
- Once dry, apply a varnish (or mod podge) to all surfaces of your box.