- To measure your arm length, start at the top inside and measure to your wrist.
- Armhole depth--measure from the top of your shoulder to the soft part of your underarm and add 1 1/2 " for ease.
- Length--measure from under your arm to your waist and then from your waist to the desired length. Record both measurements so that if you want a shaped waist you will know where to begin shaping.
- measure you bust and add at least 2" for ease. On a bulky sweater you can add as much as 4".
- Don't fudge on any measurements, especially the hip.
Shadows of the Past