Monday, January 13, 2020

New Year, New Season.

HAPPY 2020!

Hello everyone!

If you're like me, 2019 was quite a year. It was very busy, full of good, bad and...well, life. Last year, I moved twice, changed jobs twice, lost my grandmother, and got married. [Sharing a photo. :) ] So that's why I haven't been on the blog much. You see, it was one of those seasons in my life when I had to take a break from writing, to allow God to write a couple chapters in my life.

As a writer, it was hard for me to lay aside my author duties, because I felt like I was slacking off, being lazy, and losing ground. But my mind was just too tired and full of other things, so it was the right time for me to take a break.

And you know what I learned?



Life is full of many different seasons. And that's okay. In fact, God designs it that way. He was the one who created the four seasons of the yemar. Sometimes it is the season for the tree to bloom, sometimes to shed, sometimes to lie dormant. We too will go through seasons when we need to rest. Seasons when it is time to work and focus. There's no reason to feel guilty about that.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

This is a familiar verse, but I think the New Year is a good time to stop and ponder it, to prayerfully ask, "What season do you have me in, Lord? What role would you have me to take this year?" Perhaps there is something you need to give up, or rest from. Perhaps there is something you need to work harder at. Whatever it is, if you ask with a sincere heart, the Lord will guide you.

Dear Lord,
As I enter this New Year, please guide me. I want to bring honor to You and embrace the season you have for me. Please show me Your will for me this year, and help me to accomplish it. In Jesus Christ's name, amen.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your heartfelt post, Amber. I tend to go, go, go and forget the important reminder that sometimes we need to rest in God. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, you were missed but had seen your postings on FB about your marriage. A beautiful ceremony through the pictures. Congratulations, once again.
    2019 was a year God had me to slow down with health issues. I'm doing wonderful now. He performed a miracle for one issue and even the doctor agreed I had a miracle, thank you Jesus.
    Blessings on your new journey in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your marriage, Amber. May you have many blessed years of love, laughter and happiness.

    ReplyDelete