buffs the third largest hobby group in the states, right behind
stamp and coin collectors. Bottles and jars are attractive and generally
inexpensive. As each American uses approximately 400 a year, they are
plentiful too. The variety of shapes and colors make bottles ideal
decorations. Here are a few ideas for using them.
• Clear bottles or jars filled with colorful jellybeans or gumballs make
• Set off a collection of amber colored bottles with a handful of seashells.
• Fill canning jars with dried flowers and place them where lamplight will
reflect both the beauty of the flowers and the containers.
• Display a collection of inkbottles with yards of colorful ribbon snaked
around the base of the bottles.
• Place a cluster of old-fashioned vinegar cruets in the center of a
vintage dresser scarf on a sideboard.
• Place soda bottles and decorative decanters against a window allowing
sunlight to shine through them, displaying their colors.
What ideas do you have for decorating with bottles and jars?