Saturday, November 23, 2013

An Interview With Carole Brown


Today we are hosting Carole Brown with her debut release of The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman.
Besides being a member and active participant of many writing groups, Carole Brown enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense and tough topics into her books, along with a touch of romance and whimsy, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons?
Please leave a comment, or a question in the comments. Carole is giving away a digital version of her newest release. (I've been privileged to read part of the first chapter and believe me...you don't want to miss this story!)

How far would YOU go to avenge a daughter’s cruel death? Cara is considered rebellious and inappropriate to befriend. Dayne is the apple of Elder Simmons’ eye—until he takes a stand against their teachings. Can his prayers and love reach Cara and show her the way to redemption? Will Cara realize God’s love and forgiveness before she goes too far?

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman is a novel of hope shining through the darkness with strong elements of suspense and romance. This novel was a semifinalist in the Genesis contest and is receiving raving reviews! Release date was October 21, 2013 from the Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. The link for the book which is on SALE NOW is:


Carole, I’m excited to be here talking to you about your new release. How did you come up with the idea for The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman?

Lots of people want to know this. J  I was seeking to write a different novel than my usual suspenses. My husband and I enjoy keeping up with unusual news items in the world, and the cult situation in Texas (several years ago) caught our attention. We began a “what if” session, and Dan, my husband, came up with the idea of a cult group and a woman who loses a child through abuse. The story developed from there.
Ÿ  How would she feel?
Ÿ  Could she forgive?
Ÿ  If she didn’t have God in her heart, how far would she go?
And the question begs to be answered. Could you--or I--forgive? I know it’s easy to say, “with God’s help I would.” But I’ve seen people’s reactions. I’ve wept with them over the inexcusable deaths that happen, and I will say, sometimes, most of the time, it takes God. Without him--it’s a seemingly impossible act.


What do you feel is the takeaway value for the reader?

I hope readers can take away a greater sense of sympathy and caring for the abused and realize that it is indeed a very hard thing to break away from it. Misguided loyalty, traditions, time, lack of self-worth, and fear all play a huge part in holding the victims captive, but if we can encourage and support those hurting ones, then the book will have fulfilled it’s goal.


Sometimes with some books God takes us on a journey as well as the characters. Did you have any light bulb moments while writing this book?

It’s such an intense book that at times I felt as if it was writing itself. Sure I labored over parts of it, but the characters seemed so real, and drew me into their story as if I truly lived there alongside them. Only now that it’s published and receiving reviews do I realize the magnitude of supporting the abused. It’s so easy to point figurative fingers and say, if they really want out they would do it.

Not so. Held by fear and domination, accused of no loyalty or worse, they are as captive as those held in chains. It’s been a real eye-opener to me, although we have worked with and counseled many, the depth of abuse.


If your character could tell the readers something what would it be?

There is always hope. God’s hope that shines through darkness, no matter how dense or how total it seems, will always be there if a person is willing to reach out and grab hold.


Carole thank you so much for being with us today and telling us about your new book. 

If you'd like to  know more about Carole or her work,
Connect with her here:


I also am part of several other blogs:
Barn Door Book Loft: http://www.barndoorbookloft.net/ 

And don't forget to leave a comment here!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole! So glad to see you here! I enjoyed your interview and hope everyone has a chance to read your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, I have certainly heard good things about your book and would love to read it. Thank you for what you do.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I'm reading The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman and finding it very compelling. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britney, good to hear from you again! Miss hearing your cheery voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, I really hope you will get the chance to read this book. Hoping . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, I hope you enjoy all of it. Please consider writing a review if you would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole, good luck with your sales. To prospective readers of Carole's book, I've read it and it is a well written book on a difficult subject. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete