Monday, December 3, 2018

Loving is Forgiving

The Real Meaning of Christmas...
is the giving of love every day.

Has anyone ever hurt you so badly, you felt crushed inside? 

I have.

Earlier this year, someone I love dearly, hurt me so much that I felt my heart was being crushed in sorrow, the false insistence inside me clamored loudly that it was a burden so heavy I'd never get over it. 

But God... He came to my rescue with his perfect wisdom:  Hold steady and believe. I have this.

My spirit reached out for those words of love and steadiness from my Savior. I clung to those even when the doubts and fear tried to overwhelm me. When I felt I was sinking in the waves of despair that things would never be right again. 

One month passed, then two. I wasn't at all sure things would ever get better. But God's words to me still rang in my mind:  Hold steady and believe. I have this. 

Then one day a text came. No asking for forgiveness. No admittance of the wrong.

But my heart bounded. They may not have admitted the wrong they'd committed. They may not
have spoken a request for forgiveness, but my love for this person abounded. I read behind the scenes and knew what was going one.

God's love through me was forgiving...

This month--December--the month we celebrate Christ's entrance into the world means even more to me today because of the hardships I've gone through. Because of those hurting times, my trust has grown, my faith in God has strengthened, my love for Him has increased. He has taught me forgiveness even when I didn't want to.

For God so loved the world (the many people who would reject him
that he gave his only begotten son (Could you? Could I do that? Deep thought!
that whosoever (anyone! everyone!
believeth in Him (not riches, not other people, not a position or wealth or knowledge, but God!) should not perish, but have everlasting (forever and forever!
life (abundant!
John 3:16. 

And as the brief lines of the Christmas tune above convey:
The real meaning of Christmas...
is love, 
for when we love, we forgive! 

Question: Have you ever forgiven even when no apology has been forthcoming? 

A love-filled Merry Christmas is wished for you, my friends! 




About Carole:

Besides being an active participant in many writing groups, Carole is an award-winning author and enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense, tough topics, romance, and whimsy into her books and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons? 


Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sunnywrtr/boards/


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post about forgiveness, Carole. Yes, I have forgiven when no apology have been offered several times. So thankful God is faithful and sees the heart that is broken but offering forgiveness toward the offender as His Word instructs. Blessings for a blessed and Merry Christmas, Carole Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I've experienced it myself... If we practice it always, our lives would be filled with JOY!
    Wishing you blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all of my years of working with others I only had one instance of problems and it was close to my retirement. I was deeply hurt and even though she has never apologizized and I don't see her often I am now able to remember our good years of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Connie, Natalya, and Marilyn, forgiveness is freedom for the forgiving person. Thank you for the comments.

    ReplyDelete