Saturday, May 19, 2018

Author Meet and Greet with Dawn Crandle

Hi all! Angela here and I am very excited to introduce you to an amazing author, that hopefully most of you already have read. If not, definitely do find her books! 


Award winning author Dawn Crandall earned a BA in Christian Education from Taylor University, but always knew writing books would be a part of her future. She’s been balancing books and babies lately since her two sons were both born as the four books of her Everstone Chronicles series were being released from Whitaker House (2014 to 2018). Dawn lives with her husband and two young sons on a hobby farm in her hometown in northeast Indiana.

Where did the inspiration for your latest book come from? 

When there’s a side character from a previous book that just needs the best, most romantic second chance at a happy ending—I just have to write one for them! 


How does your faith and spirituality work in with your writing? 

Since I write my books from first person point of view (the heroine’s inner perspective), the character’s arc always involves her spiritual journey. There’s always a God lesson to be learned, and I do believe majoring in Christian Education at Taylor has helped me regarding portraying believable spiritual formation in my characters. 

What is one of your favorite scenes in Enchanting Nicholette?

Right in the middle of the book my hero and heroine find themselves pulled along to a walk in the Riverway Park of gilded age Boston. Everything has been unfolding for both of them, and Cal Hawthorne takes the chance to tell Nicholette about some things she’s had questions about. It’s got a lot of tension building, and revelations for my heroine, which overhauls her guardedness and makes her want to give in to his intentions... but that’s all I’m going to say. Just know... that I love well-developed emotionally spot-on kissing/almost kissing scenes, and we’ll leave it at that. 

When you are stressed, maybe a deadline’s approaching too fast, what is your favorite snack food? Or so you have another way to cope?

My favorite snack is to dip a giant Hershey chocolate bar into a tub of peanut butter. 
  
Nice! That actually sounds really good.
What is your favorite thing about where you live?

I live on a cute 4 acre hobby farm (complete with a pond, woods, creek, goat pasture, big red barn and chickens) in my hometown of Kendallville, Indiana. My family (husband and two boys, 4 and 2) live in an old brick farmhouse from the mid-1800s... which still needs a lot of love. 

So jealous of your acreage! That's the dream. 
What are you working on next? 

I haven’t started my next project (little kids!), but I’m outlining a few different plots to send proposals out for—there are two book ideas related to The Everstone Chronicles series, but which will be stand alone novels because they’re so far removed from the rest of the stories. One is about Roxy Blakeley and the other about Mabel Hawthorne. And then I have a completely unrelated book idea set during the same era, but based out of Cleveland, Ohio (which was a very prominent town in the late 1800s!) and the Great Lakes region. And I also have a Contemporary Romance... all of which will be written from first person POV.  






Twitter: @dawnwritesfirst

Young, widowed, and newly out of mourning, Nicholette Everstone is an heiress yearning to be loved. Her parents had arranged for her to marry her loving late husband, but the marriage ended tragically on her wedding day. Returning to Boston after being away, she finds there's someone new to her set of friends and family she can't help but fall for. But when she learns of the danger and sacrifices this man takes on, will her heart be strong enough to keep her fears at bay?








8 comments:

  1. Nice post with Dawn Crandall. It's always nice to learn how a story come about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! You are a new author to me...Thank you for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading the post, Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me, Angela! I really appreciate it, and I am super thrilled that you love my books! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series sounds just delightful. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete