Friday, March 2, 2018

Fun & Frolic with Author Molly Jebber

Please help me welcome Amish Historical Romance author, Molly Jebber! She's going to share some fun behind the scenes stuff with us today.
 
Welcome Molly! Let's start off with a few fun questions. 
If you could be one of your characters which would it be and why?
Liza. She doesn’t hesitate to invite others into her life. She trusts everyone until they give her a reason not to. She’s compassionate about God and her family. She puts others before herself no matter how hard. Liza’s taught me a few lessons writing about her!

Tell us about an animal in your story.
Peter is a sweet little boy you will read about in each of the books in the Amish Charm Bakery series who has suffered a lot of tragedy, but he has maintained a compassionate heart. He’ll make you laugh in the story, and he says whatever is on his mind. He has a white rabbit, Snuggles.
My daughter, Misty, wanted a rabbit when she was young, and we bought Snuggles. Her pet was soft, sweet, and loved to cuddle. She would put her claws in and pat your face. She was so unusually sweet. I had to put her in the story. I enjoyed reliving our times with Snuggles by writing about her. Misty and I didn’t like cleaning her cage though!

I know you like writing but do you have another passion?
I love speaking for Women’s Christian Connection, and giving my personal story about my love for Jesus Christ. I tell about my best friends and experiences I’ve had since I was a child, and then how Jesus is the best friend who has been with me from childhood and will be forever.
I love dates with my husband, Ed, and to swim, golf, and crochet. To relax and watch a good movie while crocheting is another thing I like to do. My grandmother taught me the double stitch, and I have precious memories of that with her. She had cancer for years and suffered but she remained strong and kept such a sweet attitude.  
Did I mention shopping and time with friends going to plays, lunch, craft events, and more? That’s really at the top of my list.



Why did you choose a bakery for the setting?
The sugary scent, fruits, jam and jelly filled Mason jars, work kitchen with big porcelain bowls, metal trays and more give the bakery such a friendly and cosy atmosphere. And maybe it’s because I love cakes, cookies, and pies! Liza’s Amish Charm Bakery is a place where I can have kind and rude people visit, gossip, and make long lasting connections meeting there. I have enjoyed writing the story using the location of Charm and bakery setting very much. It was easy to put lots of twists and turns in the story using the bakery.

What do you like most about writing?
Connecting with readers on chats and meeting them at my speaker’s events for Women’s Christian Connection, talks about the Amish and their traditions and lifestyle, or about writing tips. I’ve also “met” women who I consider friends on social media who inspire and encourage me to keep writing. They have touched my life in a special way, and I’m thankful for each one.

Molly, thank you so much for vising. 
Thank you, Amber, for having me here today!

Readers, you can connect with Molly on her website link below. In the meantime, won't you say hello and give her a big Stitches Thru Time welcome?
www.mollyjebber.com.

8 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you, Molly, and your book sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie,

      Thank you for stopping by. It's nice to meet you! Thank you for your kind words. Always encouraging.

      Blessings,
      Molly

      Delete
  2. Hello Molly and welcome to STT. It's nice to read more behind the scenes of Liza's Second Chance. I loved reading this book and look forward to the next one in the series. Hugs and love to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweet Friend,
      Thank you for your support of Liza's Second Chance. You've encouraged me over and over again, and I love our friendship!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love to crochet too Molly. I enjoyed learning about your life.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, Thank you for kind comments. Amy does such a good job with this blog. I love it. I don't have many friends where I live who crochet, so it's nice we have that in common!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Molly! I'm kind of late :) Are you giving crocheting lessons?
    Blessings in your writing ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Molly, so glad to see you here at STT!

    ReplyDelete