- It improves your vocabulary.
- You get to visit worlds you'd never see in real life.
- You'll be able to understand/read about other cultures that otherwise might remain a mystery or unknown to you.
- Increases your imagination skills.
- Super cheap(er) expense (?) than other methods of entertainment that might not be so constructive
- You learn new things you might never take time to research.
- Gives you life lessons you've heard from your parents but isn't quite so "preachy." :)
- Reading gives you time alone and teaches you that you can be satisfied and happy being yourself and by yourself.
- Reading exercises your brain by expanding your powers of concentration and activating neurons as your mind processes information.
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Stay Warm; Read A Book
Why Should You Read?
And last, but certainly not least (drum roll):
10. Your mommy said so!
Stay Warm this winter
and Read a book.
Toni DeLuca, the Italian owner of DeLuca Construction, finds herself confronted with doubts about her father and his possible deceptions—all because of the mysterious pink notes she's been receiving.
Relations with Perrin Douglas who has a troubling history—but the first man in years who's interested her—is building to a peak. Yet Perrin's own personal problems and his doubts about women and God, keep getting in the way.
Gossip, a Spanish proposal, an inheritance, and a sabotaged construction business may ruin Christmas for Toni's employees as well as her own happiness.
Will a mysterious person succeed in pulling off the biggest scam Appleton, West Virginia has ever seen? And will this culprit destroy Toni's last chance at happiness with the man of her dreams?
BUY THE BOOK here:
Happy Winter Reading!
Besides being an active participant of many writing groups, Carole is an award winning author and enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense, tough topics, romance and whimsy into her books, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons?
Personal blog: http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com/
Word Sharpeners: https://wordsharpeners.wordpress.com/
Stitches in Time: http://stitchesthrutime.blogspot.com/