Friday, October 13, 2017

Welcoming Cozy Mystery Author Karen Robbins with her Newest Book

So glad to share Karen Robbins' newest book cover and blurb with you all today! Also check out all her books on Amazon!



Pickle Dilly

IMG_4901 (800x600)
Links to purchase books:
In A Pickle:  https://www.amazon.com/Pickle-Annie-Pickels-Story-Pickes/dp/1974391868/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
Pickle Dilly:  https://www.amazon.com/Pickle-Dilly-Annie-Pickels-Story/dp/1974397092/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8


Welcome Tommy Madison. I understand you are in the pickle business. What do you do?
I am one of the officers of the newly incorporated Annie Pickels Pickles. I’m actually in charge of production. Mrs. A, that is Mrs. Annie Pickels who is the president and originator of the business, taught me how to can her special dill pickles. I helped her out with some problems she had in making a profit and together along with a couple of others, Arnie Forrester and Elma Thompson, we begun to do pretty well.

That’s not your only job though, is it?
No. I work full time actually for Tinkers Tavern wherever the proprietor, Bill Barker, needs me to help out. He’s a great guy and lets me arrange my hours so that I can help out with the pickle business as well.

This Annie Pickels and you got into a little trouble a while back I hear. Can you tell us anything about that?
It’s not something I’m proud of. I was growing marijuana on a plot of land that Mrs. Pickels rented me. You see I have some physical problems with my legs from an accident when I was much younger. The marijuana gave me some relief from the pain. Annie got in some trouble along with me when she mistook it for marjoram and put it into her pickle recipe. That’s kinda how I got involved with the pickle business. I’m working off some fines Mrs. A paid for me. I’ve also found help with the pain instead of the marijuana—lots of prayer and visits to a pain clinic.

What is the latest on the relationship between Arnie and Annie?
Well, if Elma had her way, they’d be walking down the aisle as soon as she could get Annie into a wedding dress. Annie is a deep thinker and she takes relationships seriously. She was married quite a few years ago to a fellow that she really loved and she’s had a hard time getting over his death. I think Arnie would like to be very special in Annie’s life but that’s for the two of them to work out. They don’t need any pressure from me. They have enough from Elma.

Tell me more about Elma.
Elma is a hoot. Annie made her VP of marketing and she has taken it very seriously. She has grand ideas of making our business international. But she also has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She and Annie have been best friends for many years. They live across the street from each other.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell me about Annie or Arnie or Elma?
Arnie is a great lawyer. He’s only doing it part time now that he’s retired but he certainly has helped us all out a lot. We all suspect that Elma may have a new someone special in her life but I really couldn’t tell you yet for sure. And Annie? Well Annie, in addition to her kindness and grace and love for all of us and her pickle expertise, she makes the greatest cinnamon rolls in the world. Hands down!

How can we get to know more about all these wonderful people?
There are two books by Karen Robbins that tell pretty much the whole story. In A Pickle was the first and now she’s finished the Annie Pickels story in a new book, Pickle Dilly.



KAREN ROBBINS is a writer, author, and speaker. She and her husband are travel addicts and many of her stories are enriched by their adventures in different parts of the world. She has written six novels, collaborated on two non-fiction books and contributed often to Chicken Soup For The Soul books. She is currently working on a Christmas novella, A Pocketful Of Christmas. While the world is fun to explore, Karen most likes to spend time with her grandchildren. They offer the greatest adventures of all.

Catch up with Karen at her blog, Wandering Writer (www.karenrobbins.com), Twitter (https://twitter.com/writerwandering), Facebook (www.facebook.com/KarenRobbinsAuthor) or Amazon (www.amazon.com/author/karenrobbins)
Recommended!










About Carole:

Besides being an active participant of many writing groups, Carole is an award winning author and enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense, tough topics, romance and whimsy into her books, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons? 




Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sunnywrtr/boards/

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about these great books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Carole. You've convinced me that I need to read them!
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I love sharing good books from great authors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I hope you enjoy Karen's books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to get introduced to more great books and new author to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is, isn't it Marilyn? Thanks for your faithful visiting of the blog posts.

    ReplyDelete