Wednesday, October 4, 2017

C is for Cookie


by Shirley Raye Redmond

October is National Cookie Month, so I thought I take this opportunity to share a favorite no-bake cookie recipe with you.  My family calls it Hopscotch, but you may have eaten something similar called chow mein noodle cookies.

You will need:

2 cups (12 oz pkg.) butterscotch chips
1-cup peanut butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
4 cups chow mein noodles

Melt the butterscotch chips on low in the microwave. Stir in the peanut butter. In a larger bowl toss marshmallows with chow mein noodles. Pour the butterscotch mixture over this and mix thoroughly.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Chill until set.

Enjoy!

What’s your favorite cookie? If it’s a no-bake cookie, all the better! 

And don’t forget to leave a comment on today’s post to get your name in the drawing for an ebook copy of Solve by Christmas, an historical holiday mystery by Amber Schamel.

5 comments:

  1. These are delicious cookies and so easy to make.

    I have a few favorite cookies. Chuncky Peanut Butter Cookies, Snickerdoodles, and Lemon Bars. For a no bake cookie I like Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me drool just reading your list of favorites!

      Delete
  2. I also like the Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies that Marilyn Men and I make Peanut Blossoms. Thanks for sharing your recipe Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I Love these Thanks for sharing the recipe with us .

    ReplyDelete