Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Pinterest and the World of Ideas

Hello everyone!

Today I thought we'd explore one of my all time favorite places to find craft, DIY, recipes, and just ideas or inspiration. It also happens to be one of my all time favorite social medias. PINTEREST!

The amazing thing about Pinterest is the amount of content on there, and the amazingly easy way to organize your findings. I use Pinterest to find recipes, I use it to plan stories, I use it to plan Christmas, I use it to plan graduations and parties...it has endless uses and can be an AMAZING tool. That is, if you can discipline yourself enough not to spend all day on it. LOL.

In my opinion, the key to having a great experience on Pinterest is to properly organize your boards. Personally, I have dozens of boards, but it helps me to be able to go back and find the pins that I save. I have found some of my best projects from ideas on Facebook. Here's my top ways to use the website.

1) Recipes
You can create a single board for recipes, or you can create multiples with distinct types of recipes. For example, one for desserts, one for diets, one for Thanksgiving ideas, etc.

2) Historical tidbits
I LOVE history, and there's something that is just so fun about browsing through historical pictures. I have a whole board for Titanic pictures and articles. SO much fun.

3) Craft Ideas
When I decided to make a batch of warm winter skirts, I immediately went to Pinterest to look up some ideas. I took what I found and adapted them to my supplies and tastes.

4) Party Planning
When I have a graduation or something to plan, Pinterest is my greatest asset. I create a board for that theme and then go to searching for ideas that go well with it. Like a couple of years ago when I did my brother's graduation in a camo theme, I was able to find cake and decorating ideas as well as food ideas on there. Couldn't have pulled it off without Pinterest.

5) Story planning
As an author, I use Pinterest to corral ideas, historical tidbits, character look-alikes, etc when I'm writing a story. It's also fun for fans since they can go there and see the places, people and articles that inspired the tale.

If you're on Pinterest, tell me what your favorite use of it is.
If you're not, tell me what you use to find and organize your ideas. 

Are you on Pinterest? If so, I'd love to connect! Here's a link to my profile.
https://www.pinterest.com/AmberDSchamel/

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amber. I love Pinterest and I can lose hours when I am browsing. I have two boards that use I more than others. Sunday School Hints & Tips has many ideas that I may use for my work with the youth in our church and Contests and Giveaways is pretty self-explanatory.
    I will follow you. I am @cpsky.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie!
      I'll bet Pinterest is fantastic for Sunday school!
      Looking forward to checking out your boards. :D

      Delete
  2. Hello Amber, I don't use Pinterest a lot, but have seen some crafty ideas used that originated from there.
    It's amazing all you can discover on Pinterest plus the amount of time that can be consumed browsing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pinterest is one of those places I have to limit my time closely! LOL

      Delete
  3. I use Pinterest to find character photos. :-0 And recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* My favorite place to find character photos too. :D

      Delete
  4. I love Pinterest, and I'm not even crafty. I use it for character photos, location inspiration, and research. It's easy to get sucked in. I have to set a timer!

    ReplyDelete