I -Can-Make-It MarzipanYou will need:
- 1 3/4 cups sweet shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond paste
- 1 - 3 oz. pkg. of Jell-O any flavor—strawberry for strawberries, lemon for bananas and lemons, orange for pumpkins and oranges, and lime for green apples or pears etc.
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Mix first six ingredients and shape into small fruits. Decorate appropriately with cloves, gumdrop bits or colored sugar. Chill until dry to the touch. Makes about 2 dozen. Store at room temperature in airtight container.
Easy-Does-It Peppermint Creams
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) of cream cheese, softened
- 6 and 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- food coloring
- granulated sugar
- candy molds
Mix cream cheese with extract and food color. Add powdered sugar and mix with hands until it has a Play Doh consistency. Roll into marble-size balls, then dip in granulated sugar and press into candy molds. Drop out onto waxed paper. Makes approximately 15 dozen--depending upon the size of the molds.
Party Time Nut Patties
You will need:
- 1 pound (16 oz.) of white chocolate chips or almond bark
- 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pound of nuts—your choice: salted peanuts, cashew halves, chopped pecans, macadamia halves, other.
Melt the two chocolates in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave on medium heat until soft and stirrable. Add nuts. Mix. Drop mixture from teaspoon onto waxed paper. When patties are completely cool and firm, they may be packed into candy tins. Makes about 3 dozen.