Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Ringmaster's Wife

The Ringmaster’s Wife
By Kristy Cambron

The dramatic era of the early1900's serves as backdrop to this story, which details the lives of two women whose choices cause their paths to meet in the mysterious world of the traveling circus. They both experience ambition and romance and great hope for the future. I love how Cambron features historical figures, including the Ringling Brothers, and surrounds them with fictitious characters full of heart and loaded with authenticity. She has achieved a satisfying level of sophistication in the plot, fashioning a fiction full of emotion and struggle, hard work and desire. This makes for an exciting read, but also paints a stunning tableau of richly painted scenes filled with mystery, old-world glamor, danger, sequins, and sawdust. 

I highly recommend this book for fans of historical fiction, vintage fiction, and anyone who’s had a dream and run after it.

Did you ever dream about running off to join the circus? Or a campaign to save the whales or rainforest? Or just running away to try something new?

Leave your answers as a comment to get your name in the drawing for Cloaked in Love by Elaine Manders! Winner announced in the Weekly Windup on August 1st. Check out all of our great prizes on the Prizes Galore page.



5 comments:

  1. I have seen this book around on the internet. I'm kind of the stay put & try something new kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that! Stay put, but still try new things. Yes. :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read The Ringmaster but have seen posts about it. I've always lived in one state but enjoy visiting other states along with going on a couple missionary trips to foreign countries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I ever remember wanting to do was be a wife and mother...mission accomplished. I am now a wife, mother, step-mother, grammy and great-grammy. I am also a stay-at-home type of person, but always willing to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been adventurous enough to join a circus but I do think we should never get so set in our ways that we aren't willing to try new things.
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete