- Accept what I'm called to do. Write.
- Realize that it takes work. All of it. Brainstorming, some planning, research, writing, editing, marketing. But it doesn't mean 24 hours a day, 365 days in a year.
- I can do my best, and that's all I can do. Yes, I have to keep learning, keep working, moving on, but I have limited resources, limited time, limited ability.
- As far as marketing goes, I can't do every course, accept every offer to promote my books, give away all my books. I have to pick and choose, wisely and with prayer. If I try to do it all, I become the greedy hippo who wants it all.
- Never give up hope or the joy of the writing itself. When I'm tired, I need to rest. When I'm discouraged, I need to focus on getting that spontaneous joy back, when I'm overwhelmed, I need to pull back from that which is draining my happiness and re-assess my priorities.
Don't be like the HUNGRY HIPPO!
Keep Your Sanity!
She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons?
Personal blog: http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com/