Friday, October 11, 2013

Come Browse Through A Quilt Book With Me


As a quilter, one of my favorite pastimes is to browse through a quilt book for inspiration and lots of fabric eye candy. What fun to discover a new quilt publication with fresh ideas and fun patterns. I’d like to share a new find with you I think you will enjoy. I stumbled on to this book at JoAnn’s, and to my delight, found it to have a definite Amish flavor.
The name of the book is SCRAPPY FIREWORK QUILTS by Edyta Sitar. Scrappy Firework Quilts is rich with full page photos of button bins, carousel horses, Amish at a sale (from the back of course), canning jars, and many more delightful images you can enjoy as you turn each page. The title leads you to think everything will be red, white, and blue, but that’s not the case. Many of the quilts, some patchwork and some appliqué, lean toward a folk-artsy style completed in an array of Amish color favorites of blue, black, green, tan, brown, burgundy, and gray. The designs are beautiful and it’s hard to pick a favorite when each quilt is unique and stunning in its own way. The sewing box on page 42 is adorable, one of the many projects I’d like to make in this book.

I highly recommend Scrappy Firework Quilts by Edyta Sitar. It’s worth a second glance for sure. Do you have a favorite quilt book? Please share in the comments. We’d love to browse through your favorite quilt book too. 

2 comments:

  1. I love to touch fabric, to imagine the patterns that can be made for it. Thanks for introducing me to this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Patricia. I love to browse through the fabric too. :) We are kindred spirits for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete