Monday, March 30, 2020

Fear Not

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)


 We're living in unprecedented times. I imagine, like me, you never thought you'd be seeing a global pandemic. It was never on the horizon I envisioned. Thousands getting sick and dying. A virus that is quite contagious and takes a couple weeks before symptoms show. I imagine many are afraid, worrying about their health, their jobs, whether or not they can find the supplies they need, etc.
I am comforted by this scripture in Isaiah. God knew about COVID-19 well before it even became an issue for the first patient who contracted it. I rest in the fact that I serve a trustworthy God. He knows the future, and I can trust Him (Proverbs 3:5-6) to have me in the palm of His hand. (Isaiah 49:16)

With some of my health issues, I'm in one of those vulnerable groups. I am assured that no matter what happens, God is in control. If I get sick, He'll be with me. If I get sick and die, it's a bonus for me. To die is gain. (Philippians 1:21) Because I'm a believer and follower of Christ, I know that when I die, I will spend eternity with my Heavenly Father.

Now is not the time to fear, but to trust God. If you haven't ever made a personal decision to follow Him and ask Him into your heart, today is the day. Don't delay. He's calling out to you. Are you ready to seek Him?



Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Romance Writers of America (RWA), and COMPEL Training. She's been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. She's a contributor and co-founder of Stitches Thru Time blog. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment