Monday, January 27, 2020

Stepping Out in Faith

I'm an introvert. I think most writers are. Give me my computer, a comfortable spot to write, and a hot cup of tea and I'm happy. I love those weeks where I have days in a row that I don't have anywhere to go and I can just stay home.It's not that I don't have friends and enjoy being around people part of the time, I just happen to thrive on my alone time.

Because I'm an introvert, there are certain aspects of being an author that are hard for me especially promotion and marketing. In less than three weeks I have a new book releasing, which means I'm working hard on setting up appearances online. Blog posts and interviews aren't too bad because again, I can write those from home. :)

I took a major step out of my comfort zone last week and contacted our local television station who has a weekday program where they interview people. To my surprise they got back to me quickly saying they'd love to have me on the show and were surprised I'd never been before. Now I'm thinking, 'What did I do?'

I realize that God doesn't always call us to walk where we're comfortable. In fact, he often calls us out of those spots to walk in rough waters so we have to rely on Him and His strength.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

I have to remind myself of this verse whenever I step into those unsure places. What scripture provides comfort and reassurance for you when God is asking you to do something out of your comfort zone? What pointers can you share?

 

Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Romance Writers of America (RWA), and COMPEL Training. She's been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. She's a contributor and co-founder of Stitches Thru Time blog. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment