Monday, May 13, 2019

Tilt a Little Higher A Devotion by Jamin Baldwin

Up early to meet a friend for morning coffee, I noticed an orange glow peeking around my curtain. The sunrise! 
   
Excited I went to the window to snap a photo. As I pulled back the curtain and lifted my camera, I noticed an old abandoned trailer and a trash heap marring the bottom half of my photo. Tilting my camera gently higher, I smiled as I cut all the ugliness from view.
  
 You know we've all done it. Found that perfectly wonderful picture of our child or something beautiful. But, when we go to take the picture you notice something undesirable in the background. So, what do we do? We clean it from view, or keep turning until all we can see is the beautiful things. So, the ugly doesn't become a distraction and rob the spotlight. 
    
Oh, that we did the same in our day to day lives. The Bible tells us to think on things that are lovely,  pure and virtuous. If only we would stop looking at the ugly things in our lives. Stop focusing on the mess. On the abandonment. On the trash marring the view.
   
Allow yourself the pleasure of focusing on the beautiful things in your life. The ugly will always be there. But, it's not worth taking a picture of. 
   
Tilt a little higher. 


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup



About Jamin:
I have many writing passions, Historical romance and poetry topping my list of favorites. I also enjoy brainstorming and critiquing with other writers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful thought to start the week, Jamin. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete