Monday, March 4, 2019

The God of Spring by Jamin Baldwin

Walking through the woods yesterday, 
I stopped on the dirt path and looked up at the sunshine seeping through the bare trees, 
and smiled.
Spring was coming...
although there weren't any real signs of it yet...
I could feel it in the air. 
I had hope. 
Didn't Spring always come? 
Like a wave, revelation washed over me.
Why don't I have that kind of faith in God?
When it's bleak and cold outside, 
my belief in Spring never wavers.
When snow piles up outside and the weatherman predicts another week of frigid temperatures, 
I don't give up on Spring. 
I just know, in my soul, that spring comes after winter and winter cannot last forever...
But why, when life is cold and bleak and my troubles are piling up like the snow, 
do I waver in my faith?
Why, when the Doctor tells me that more storms are headed my way, 
do I begin to question God? 
Why am I tempted to throw in the towel and say,
'Well, I guess God isn't coming...'
As I stood on that dirt path, 
with my face lifted toward the sun, 
I felt a weight lift from my shoulders.
As surely as Spring, 
God is on his way. 
To take what is dead and ugly and turn it into something beautiful.
As surely as Spring, 
God will not leave us in the winters of life.
Lift your face, 
see the barren things with new eyes and smile.
The God of Spring is on his way.

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup



About Jamin:
I have many writing passions, Historical romance and poetry topping my list of favorites. I also enjoy brainstorming and critiquing with other writers.

3 comments: