Monday, January 28, 2019

Whiter Than Snow

It's a snowy morning in PA as I write this. I LOVE the snow and am always excited when it's in the forecast as well as when the weatherman is accurate and we receive the anticipated frozen precipitation. All my friends know that I pray for snow throughout the winter season. Some have even asked me to stop praying. :)

I love the beauty of the snow. It creates a fresh, pure, blanketed world that reminds me of a verse from Psalm 51:7 (HCSB)

Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.


Each time I see the snow, it's a fresh reminder of how God has washed away my sins when I asked Him into my heart. I no longer need to be bogged down by all the things I've done wrong. He makes my heart whiter than snow. Can you imagine that? Snow is such a perfect imagery of this transformation that God does in our hearts when we call out to Him. When's the last time you asked Him to make you whiter than snow?





Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA) and has been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. She's a contributor and co-founder of Stitches Thru Time blog. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.
 

2 comments:

  1. Fresh snow is a wonderful reminder of God and purity. Thank you for sharing, Jodie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great devotion!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)mail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete