Friday, October 6, 2017

Happy to Introduce Linda Weaver Clarke to Readers Today!

I'm so happy to have my friend, Linda, joining me here today. Be sure to check out her books and a comment would be nice too. 

About Linda:

Linda Weaver Clarke was raised among the Rocky Mountains of southern Idaho and now lives among the red mountains of southern Utah. She has traveled throughout the United States, giving lectures and
teaching people how to write their family histories.

Linda is the mother of six daughters and is the author of 22 books: historical romances, romantic cozy

mystery series, mystery/suspense series, and a children’s book. All her books are family friendly.



Enjoy the interview:
Is there a story behind The Rebel Series?
The idea of a country that had to fight for its liberty stayed in my mind for a long time until I created The Rebel Series. I love historical romance. This series was inspired by the stories of the American patriots who fought to be free from the dictatorship and tyranny of a king. Liberty is something that I cherish. When I read the stories of the American Revolution, my heart swells with gratitude for those loyal patriots. The miracles that happened during the war made me realize that God was watching over us.



What started you on your writing journey?
After writing the biographies of my ancestors and parents, I couldn’t stop writing. So I turned to historical romance. Since my ancestors’ stories were so vivid in my mind, I actually gave some of their exciting experiences to the main characters. So my ancestors were the inspiration for getting me started. My first historical romance, Melinda and the Wild West, actually won an award. I have written several different genres since then.



What kind of books do you enjoy reading? (Book recommendations very welcome!)
This is an easy question. My daughter is my favorite author and I love reading her books. She has written a fantasy romance series set back during the medieval times. It has castles, adventure, heroes, romance, action, and intrigue. The second book in this series is my favorite because it’s about an arranged marriage. It’s so intriguing to see two totally different people come together who were raised in different countries with completely opposite mannerisms and learn to understand one another. Here is the series in order: The Treasure of Isian, The Alliance of Isian, and The Secret of Isian by Serena Clarke.


Which character in your new release most interested you while you wrote? Why?
To choose a favorite character in this series is hard to say because I become close to all of them. All my heroes in this series are rogues with a sense of justice. They are chivalrous and will defend a woman’s honor. But at the same time, their feelings run deep for the woman they’re in love with. As for the ladies, they are strong independent women who don’t sit back and watch. They have an opinion and aren’t afraid to express it.

The attraction between the hero and heroine is real and they realize it, but they also know they must help save their country before they can do anything about their relationship. They, of course, realize their feelings for each other. I’m one who doesn’t like “drama” between a couple but love to have mystery and intrigue in the plot, instead.


What is a favorite memory from your childhood?
Sleigh riding. My father would tie about six sleds together in a long line and then tie the first sled to the back of the car. We lived in the country and the roads were packed with snow, so it was perfect for sledding. He would pull our sleds down this country road and we had so much fun. The first sled was actually wide enough for two people to lay upon and it was my favorite. The last sled was my least favorite because when we passed this one home then a dog would go chasing after it. I remember hearing the person on the last sled screaming when the dog approached the sled barking, not because of fear but out of excitement.


Share a verse or Scripture passage with us that is special to you. =
I really love this scripture because the Lord is reminding me to be a good example to others and to not hide who I am. He says,Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5: 14 - 16)



A blurb of each book for The Rebel Series and links to purchase
Centuries after the legendary Robin Hood, a group of men and women find themselves fighting for the same cause: for their rights, for freedom of speech, and equality. In the small country of Cordovia, small groups of rebels begin springing up, but its Robin’s Rebels who get the attention of the king.




In book 1, The Rebels of Cordovia, a tender love story begins to blossom. Daniel, a rogue and a leader of the Freemen, doesn’t realize that the sweet feminine woman he has met and is falling for happens to be the leader of Robin’s Rebels. Realizing the importance of uniting all the rebel groups, Daniel tries to recruit Robin’s Rebels but they refuse. Now he has to find a way to convince them. When he finds out the leader is actually a woman, what will his reaction be?






In book 2, The Highwayman of Cordovia, the people enjoy their new-found liberty, but all is not well. A group of powerful men plan to take over the small country and replace the leader with a king. With the help of a bold highwayman and a pastor’s daughter, they try to save their country from being taken over by a power-hungry leader. As they strive to stop the Kingmen and thwart their plans, Christine finds herself falling in love with Austin Knight. The only problem with their relationship is that she thinks he is her knight in shining armor instead of a highwayman. If she finds out his trade, what will her reaction be? As a pastor’s daughter, will love override her values?



In book 3, The Fox of Cordovia, a sinister plot has just been uncovered and its up to a former patriot and a young nurse to discover who is behind it. Caroline is engaged to the future mayor of Laketown, a man of influence and greatly respected. But all that changes when she overhears a conspiracy behind closed doors. After being discovered, she runs for her life. Caroline needs to report her findings, but whom can she trust? When she asks Jesse Conover for help, the adventure begins.





To read a sample chapter from each of my books in The Rebel Series, go to http://www.lindaweaverclarke.com/historicalromance.html and click on the title.



Happy Reading!





8 comments:

  1. Nice to meet Linda Weaver Clarke. I've seen her name but didn't know tidbits about her writings. Her various books sound intriguing and some I know is calling my name to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very sweet lady and a great author w/enthusiasm. Hoping you'll enjoy reading her work.

      Delete
  2. Thank ypu for sharing Linda's books. These sound very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie, for commenting, and hope you enjoy Linda's books!

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda Thanks for coming and sharing your books with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda, so glad you stopped by and that you'll find one or more of Linda W. Clarke's books that make you a fan. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for this interview, Carole. I really appreciate it. I enjoyed answering your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved having you, Linda. You're always such a sweet person to work with.

    ReplyDelete