Monday, April 24, 2017

Steadfast

When you have what seems to be an insurmountable set of stairs before you, what do you do? Do you figure out how to pace yourself? Try and see if there's another way to go so you won't have to go up them? Decide the stairs aren't worth the effort? Go partway up and give up? Or do you keep plodding along until you reach the top so you can see what you set your sights on?

I think the journey as a writer is very much like that, or at least it has been for me. I love this verse from Hebrews 11:1 (ESV).

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

It's been many years ago since I first set my eyes on having a full-length book contracted by a publishing house. Many times along the way where I felt like giving up when I didn't see any evidence of anything happening. There's been times of promise as well, but the elusive 'call' from my agent hadn't happened...until Palm Sunday.

Here's a photo of me and my contract with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas for their Smitten line.
I can't help but praise God for His faithfulness.

How about you, do you have times when you feel like giving up? What is God calling you to be steadfast in doing, even when things are rocky? How can I be praying for you?
 

2 comments:

  1. Taking small steps and staying steadfast with God's calling will reap His blessings. Not always easy to wait for God's timing but He knows best. That's why I love the promise in Proverbs 3:5-6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dealing with a personal issue that requires that my health and physical strength remain the best it can be. So small steps are probably what I need to concentrate on.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete