Monday, February 27, 2017

Drama

I’ve never been a drama queen. In fact, I’m happy if I’m not anywhere near drama and will do whatever I can to make sure it doesn’t find me. But unfortunately in this day and age, drama isn’t always avoidable. It crops up in our families, at work, and in our surroundings. The point is knowing what to do when we are thrown into a difficult situation.

I first have to remember to pray. For the persons involved and wisdom for myself in knowing how to handle the drama. I also need to go to scripture to see what God’s Word has to say.

Last week on Facebook, I asked what Bible verses bring comfort when they are in the midst of something that causes them to be anxious. I love this one verse that someone posted. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.” Psalm 94:19 (NASB) Here’s another good one: Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6,7 NLT)

I’m thankful that no matter what I face, I can be assured of God’s love for me and that He isn’t surprised by the problem. He promises to not give me more than I can handle. I take comfort in that.

How about you? What do you do when you are in the middle of a dramatic scene that you wished you weren’t a part of?

4 comments:

  1. I ask for wisdom to help me know how to act so that more drama doesn't occur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, although unfortunately we can't often control that, but we can control how we respond. :)

      Delete
  2. I pray for guidance and wisdom in knowing what to say. Drama individuals are draining when it's all about them. Love Psalm 23 and I remember acting this Psalm out with SS children. I'm not into being the center of a production--rather be in the background quietly serving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a background person too, Marilyn. :)

      Thanks for stopping by today for a visit.

      Delete