- This contract becomes null and void if Teacher marries.
- Teacher is not to keep company with men.
- Teacher many not leave town without permission from the Chairman of the School Board of Trustees.
- Teacher must not loiter in ice cream parlors.
- Teacher is not to smoke or drink.
- Teacher may not ride in a carriage with any man, except her father or brother.
- Teacher is not to dress in bright colors. At least two petticoats must be worn at all times.
- Teacher must not dye her hair or wear dresses more than two inches above the ankles.
- Teacher is to bring a bucket to school and clean the building once a week.
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Teacher Tidbits by Shirley Raye Redmond
An award-winning writer and frequent conference speaker,Shirley Raye Redmond is the author of two inspirational historical novels, PRUDENCE PURSUED and AMANDA’S BEAU, as well as two dozen children’s books. Shirley Raye holds an M.A. in literature. She has been married to her husband Bill for forty years. They live in New Mexico and are blessed with two grown children, two adorable grandsons, and one spunky Scottish terrier. Touch bases at shirleyrayeredmond.com or Facebook and http://www.writechildrensbook.com/blog