Thursday, October 20, 2016

Stranded by Don and Stephanie Prichard: An Edge of Your Seat Story


 

 



First they had to survive the island … then each other … then their rescuer.

All Marine Corps reservist Jake Chalmers wants is to give his dying wife a last, romantic cruise to the Philippines. Unable to save her in a mass murder aboard ship, he washes ashore a jungle island, where he discovers three other survivors. Heartbroken that he failed to save his wife, he is determined not to fail these helpless castaways.

Federal prosecutor Eve Eriksson rescues a young girl and her elderly great-aunt from the same ship. They badly need Jake's survival skills, but why is he so maddeningly careful? She needs to hurry home to nail a significant career trial. And, please, before Jake learns her secret that she's responsible for his wife's death.


And survive they did! Oh My Gosh! There’s one thing I know for certain—if I’m ever stranded on a desert island, I want this hero to be there with me! The survival skills of the hero seemed real—no doubt due to author Don Prichard, who is a Viet Nam vet. The setting, the dangers, and the problems the cast faced all rang true.

I received a copy of this book as a gift last year when Don and Stephanie were spotlighted on my blog. I have to tell you I was blown away by this story. It has it all: danger, intrigue, adventure, and love. The perfect combo for a great story.
Don and Stephanie Prichard have written an exciting, throw-everything-at-the-characters, plot- driven book that also deals with faith issues. Each of the characters must face themselves and their belief, or non-belief, in God as they struggle to survive on a deserted island filled with danger at every turn. 


I personally like my faith elements to be organic, addressed in a realistic manner. At no time did I feel as if I was being preached to while reading about these characters and their faith. Instead, I was pulled along as they agonized over their flaws and issues and I rejoiced when they figured things out. For me, that is the benchmark of a great inspirational novel.

 
If you like adventure mixed with your inspirational elements, don’t miss this book!

 

 

 
.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really good. I bet it would make a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Another book to add to my growing TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chappy - this sounds like it would be a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. This book sounds Great!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing a review of this book--sounds like something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by ladies. Stranded is an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete