Monday, July 25, 2016

Ears to Hear

My pastor had a great sermon a couple weeks ago based in Revelation. The beginning chapters of this book are written to seven different churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum,Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. Every single letter ends the same way.

 “Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches."

 I couldn't help but think about this a few days ago when I was walking in my neighborhood early in the morning. One house has a chocolate lab and I was a few houses away when I saw him. His ears perked up, and he ran to the fence and started barking and wagging his tail.

Even though I was a further distance away, he heard me. He was attentive and knew I was coming. It makes me think of the church. Are we listening and reading the signs that are around us or are we simply going on our way and ignoring them.

I believe it's time for the church to wake up, get on their knees, and start praying (or continue to pray) for our country. Are your ears open to the call? What can you do?

5 comments:

  1. Yes! This country is in desperate need of prayer. We need to listen and wake up to what's happening around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. It's time for us to be on our knees in prayer.

      Delete
  2. A timely post with all that is happening. Christians must take the time to pray for our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Marilyn. It's time for Christians to make a stand.

      Delete
  3. We are experiencing events in our country that I never believed possible. Yes, we need to pray, pray, pray without ceasing!
    Connie
    cps1950@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete