Friday, September 4, 2015

Everything But the Sink Stew



Fall is in the air and nothing sounds better than a hot bowl of stew on a chilly evening. I hope you enjoy one of my family's favorites!

1/2 Onion, chopped
1 can of Rotel tomatoes or tomatoes with jalapenos
1/2 medium can of V-8 juice
2 - 15 oz. can of pinto beans with jalapenos
1 - 15 oz. can of whole kernel corn
1 package Lipton beefy onion soup mix
1 cup of chopped celery
1 large zucchini squash, chopped
1 package small smokey link sausages
1 - 15 oz. can lima beans
1 - 15 oz. can black olives, sliced
Monterey Jack cheese, cubed

Do not drain the vegetables. Combine all ingredients with liquids in a large pot and simmer for an hour or so, until all the flavors blend. Correct seasonings (salt and pepper) if needed. (I find it tends to be a little on the salty side.) If too thick, add more water. Place cubed cheese in bottom of bowls and add hot soup over it.

Meet Norma Gail:
Norma Gail’s contemporary Christian romance, Land of My Dreams, released in 2014 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. She is a Bible study leader, and writes devotionals for ChristianDevotions.us and “The Secret Place.” Norma is a regular contributor to the Stitches thru Time blog. She belongs to American Christian Fiction Writers, Romance Writers of America, and the New Mexico Christian Novelists. She is married and has two adult children.

Connect with Norma:

Book Links:

Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas Bookstore: http://store.lpcbooks.com/product/land-of-my-dreams/

11 comments:

  1. I love a good stew. Let it simmer all day. I'm a fan of one pot wonders. Tastes even better the second day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your comfort food recipes, Norma. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all easy, Terrill! As my kids say, I'm not much of a cook. It's more fun to write!

      Delete
  3. Not only is Norma a great author, but sounds like a great cook too! :) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Caroline. Because of the writing, the cooking is pretty simple around here.

      Delete
    2. I like simple. That's why I like the recipes you share. :)

      Delete
  4. I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the recipe. I tend to prepare soups and stews in the fall and winter....it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soups and chili are favorites for the winter months and I often fix big pots on Saturday so that we will have them for after church on Sunday. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete