Friday, October 10, 2014

Living in The Moment You Have Been Given

Have you ever seen a bird fly to a feeder and jump from perch to perch, taking one bite at each, only to fly away without bothering to eat a meal?

Did the bird not like the food offered? Are they checking each feeding port to see if there might be something better tasting elsewhere?

I love bird watching. Even more in our new home because we have a screened-in porch and the feeders are just a few feet away. But, watching the birds act fickle reminds me of humans. More specifically, myself.

Jesus tells us to learn from Him, not from the world.

Matt 11:28 & 29 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

He has plans for us. And his plans have an eternal purpose.

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Have you ever lived life waiting for something better to come along, and not enjoyed what you had in the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment