Monday, May 26, 2014

A Day to Remember

Many celebrate Memorial Day with picnics or simply think of it as part of a three day weekend - a day to not have to go to work.

But that isn't the reason why we have this day set aside. It's to be a day of remembrance for those who have served in our military and have given their life in order to provide the freedoms we now experience. I suppose this holiday is especially meaningful to me since several members of my family and my husband's family have served in our military. I have a son serving in the Navy now.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13

I encourage you to spend part of today thanking God for the men and women who have willingly given their all so you can live in a free nation.

Let us not forget the high price many have freely given.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment