Saturday, February 22, 2014

Interview with Award Winning Author Lena Nelson Dooley

Today I am pleased to introduce multi-award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley! Lena has more than 800,000 books in print! Whew! Lena was also featured in the February edition of Book Fun Magazine, and her blog received TBCN Readers Choice 2013 Blog of the Year award. Congratulations Lena!

In addition to her writing, Lena is a frequent speaker at women’s groups, writers groups, and at both regional and national conferences. She has spoken in six states and internationally. She is also one of the co-hosts of the Gate Beautiful blogtalk radio show.

She has experience in screenwriting, acting, directing, and voice-overs. She has been featured in articles in Christian Fiction Online Magazine, ACFW Journal, and Christian Retailing.

Lena has won numerous awards. She lives in Texas with her husband of over 49 years. Their favorite activities involve time with their family members. Their daughters and sons-in-law have given them four grandchildren, and now they have two great grandsons, who delight them.

Welcome Lena! What made you decide to become a writer? 
I've always been a writer, and God used events in the first week of May 1984 to tell me to become a professional writer. Your readers can read the testimony on my web site www.lenanelsondooley.com on the About Me tab.


Where did the inspiration for your latest book come from? 
I believe God created me to be a writer. One of the gifts He gave me was a vivid imagination. Imaginings have led to many of my books. And that's true for the McKenna's Daughters series--Maggie's Journey, Mary's Blessing, and Catherine's Pursuit.

How does your faith and spirituality work in with your writing?
 Because of my life with the Lord, even when things go wrong, I use that kind of walk in many of my characters. They live out facing difficulties and joys through the filter of their faith. Of course, not all my characters are Christians. Many who aren't at the beginning of a story have become Christians through the events and relationships in the stories. And, of course, some of them never do before the book ends.

What are you working on next?
 I will be the screenwriter for a Christian movie that should release by the end of 2014. I'm adapting Pola Musyka's novel Abducted to Kill into a screenplay. I've very excited to be involved in this project.

Wow! That sounds so exiting! Thanks so much for being with us today! 

If you'd like to keep in touch with Lena, she's easy to find. Lena has an active web presence on Shoutlife, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Linkedin, Google+, and with her internationally connected blog where she interviews other authors and promotes their books.

Find her online here:
Other blogs where she’s a regular contributor:
http://justthewritecharisma.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. A great interview with a very talented lady. Blessings to you, Miss Lena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melanie! Good morning, so good to see you. Lena is a very talented author and such an example too. I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Lena is a perfect example of what God can do with our talents and our lives if we give everything to Him! Congratulations on your blog being named TBCN's 2013 Blog of the Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Patricia! What an accomplishment this is.

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie and Patricia, so glad to see you here. I love how God continues to amaze me with the ways He wants to use me. And one of the most wonderful benefits is being able to meet, even if only online, wonderful people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I love the design of your blog. I quilted for years and even taught quilting, but I haven't done any in several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lena, Crystal and Jodie headed up the design of the website and I think they did a fantastic job. I have done a little quilting, but not as much as I'd like.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to see Lena's smiling face and read her interview here today! I have had the pleasure of meeting this lovely lady in person and hope to do so again. She is such a blessing!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Britney. That day was a high point for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading this interview, Amber! I love your McKenna's Daughter's covers, Lena. Beautiful! And Abducted to Kill--what a gripping title! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie. The books are just as interesting as the covers. The publisher was very careful to make them match the stories. And you'll be seeing more and more about ABDUCTED TO KILL.

      Delete