Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Elegant DIY Dangle Hairsticks


 

This summer I was attending a formal banquet while volunteering in rural Missouri. I had been so blessed as to come upon a gown to wear, but I had no hair accessories. I had formed a picture in my mind of what I wanted, but I couldn't find it anywhere. We had only one small Walmart near the camp I was serving, so I had to get...shall we say, creative. Here's what I came up with. I hope it will inspire your creativity as well.



What you'll need:
Two Double Sided knitting needles (color of your choice. I used green)

A couple of fancy shank buttons

Beads of a suiting color and style

Thread

Clear Gorilla Glue



First, string the beads onto the thread in a style of your choosing.

Next, tie the string of beads to the shank of the buttons. 
 
Fitting one end of the knitting needle into the shank, secure with the Gorilla Glue. Remember that you only need a small drop of glue. The glue expands and if you put too much, it won't look good. 
Allow the glue to dry for 24 hrs. 



And your hairsticks are finished!

Now it's your turn, what odd things have you used to make something useful?


If you enjoyed this, you may also enjoy my pintrest boards. 
http://www.pinterest.com/AmberDSchamel/

7 comments:

  1. Very creative, Amber. Makes me wish my hair was long enough to warrant using your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a use for knitting needles I never expected. :) Thanks for sharing, Amber. I've used odd things to make something useful many a times, but trying to pin one down to share is a chore. :) I've used clothespins for paper clips to name one. I know there are other; just can't think of 'em right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! So glad you enjoyed the post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever you are, Amber. Your hairsticks are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people have such talents and you are definitely one of them. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete