Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fun Holiday Recipes

        Holiday food shouldn’t only taste good, I think it should look good too. And anything fun is even better.
        That’s why this Christmas, my “take to” dish has been Grinch kabobs. They are so simple, but great looking. 

       
      GRINCH KABOBS

        Here’s the recipe:
        What you’ll need:
        red plastic toothpicks (can be regular 
            toothpicks, but red looks more festive)
        strawberries, wash and cut off stem end
        bananas green grapes miniature
            marshmallows

        Assembly:
        slide one marshmallow onto toothpick
        follow with a strawberry
        a thin slice of banana lastly,
        a green grape
        (optional-- make faces with tube of chocolate icing)
        And there you have it.

        Here’s another fun recipe. One thing, before I start, I have to tell you a funny story. When I was trying to share this recipe at a particularly loud party, I couldn’t remember the name of the cheese to use and said, “mad cow cheese” by mistake.

        LAUGHING COW HORS D'OEUVRES


        Here’s the recipe:
        12 triangles of Laughing Cow cheese, any flavor
        4 olives, thinly sliced
        1 tablespoon poppy seeds (or small bits of black olives)
        24 small heart-shaped pretzels
       
        Assembly       
        Slice the olives and place one slice on the pointed tip of the triangle – this will be the nose.
        Make two eyes with poppy seeds or black olives.
        Push two pretzels into the top of the cheese triangle for the antlers.

Now enjoy all the compliments on these fun dishes and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8 comments:

  1. These would look great to take to any party! Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Patricia. The Grinch kabobswould be a fun kitchen project for kids too.

      Delete
  2. These have to be the cutest hors'deuvers I've ever seen. I'm definetely keeping these recipes! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute, and a real crowd pleaser -- they make people smile.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these fun recipes! I can't wait to make these with my children!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My granddaughter is coming to visit during the holidays, and I can't wait to make these with her. We love to cook together, but making memories is the most fun.

      Delete
  4. Cute. I saw the Grinch Grapes, but I didn't see the cows. I think my grand kids will like them too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking around on the site and just noticed these! I had to copy down the recipe! These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete