I'm your host, Amber Schamel, here to give out some wonderful prizes for the brave contestants that can guess the most bios correctly. Let the games begin!
2. This author has a book that is the first of four books. She has a master’s degree and works at a test scoring company. This author enjoys southern cooking and reading. Who is she?
3. I'm not one of those people who always wanted to be a writer. Until I was 35, I just wanted to be a reader. And I was a good one, reading an average of 3 books a week. Then these people came to live in my head, and they wouldn't go away. At first it was kind of nice having these people up there when I woke at 2 in the morning. They were great entertainment. But then, they got kind of nasty because I wasn't writing their stories down. So I did. And I killed them all off. I guess that's how I came to write Romantic Suspense. Can you guess my name?
4. Let me start by telling you that when we rescued our Jack Russell Terrier, we didn’t know she had a special skill: finding and killing snakes. Did I tell you my greatest fear is snakes—dead or alive? Before we adopted her, I didn’t think we had snakes on our property. Well, think again. She killed snake after snake after, well you get the idea. It was almost a daily occurrence. And guess who eventually put her gardening gloves on and disposed of the snakes? Yup, me! You never know what you’ll get when you adopt a rescue dog. We are thrilled we took that step of faith that Labor Day weekend and adopted her. Our family is complete. And our yard is snake free! Maybe one day I’ll share the story about the copperhead snake incident . . .
5. Her passion is sharing biblical wisdom for daily living. She writes devotionals and poems and leads ladies Bible studies. Her most recent passion is fiction to refresh your spirit. She has been married for 37 years and lives in a hot state. She has two adult children. Can you guess this author?
6. This author has given "Pep" talks to writers about patience, persistence and how long a process publishing can be. When her youngest daughter was four years old she wrote a series of stories for little Beth. They called them "Little Beth Books." This week she signed a contract to publish three of those Little Beth Books. Beth will be thirty four this week. This author has five books published. Guess who this is?
7. My love for historicals started after I read Anne of Green Gables written by fellow Canadian, Lucy Maud Montgomery! I admit I add a little red to my hair color now, but I've never had one of Anne's disaster and ended up with green hair!
8. Knit one, purl... huh?
This author always enjoyed the needlework items from her grandmothers and aunts. But it wasn't until later in life that she came to truly appreciate the importance of those heirlooms and the work that went into making them. Now she's learning to create special hand-stitched items for her own children and grandchildren. Some stitches have been dropped along the way, but mistakes happen in knitting and crocheting just as they do in life.
And sometimes life can leave us in stitches!
Alright! Who can guess the most bios correctly? The winner will receive one set of three kitchen scrubbies made with love by your host!
Everyone ready? Okay...Ladies & Gentlemen, START YOUR GUESSES!!! All contestants must enter by 7pm Saturday August 3, 2013 to be eligible to win. Winner will be announced after that. *Commence Jeopardy music*