Friday, August 3, 2018

Blueberry Muffin in a Mug ~ no sugar, low carb

Blueberry Muffin Mix (no sugar, low carb), serves one

Heidi here. This is an amazing recipe that I modified from Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes.

Dry ingredients:
3 Tbl blanched almond flour
1 Tbl cocnut flour
1 Tbl plus 1 tsp Swerve confectioners'-style sweetener
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt






Because this serves one and is a lot of work, I actually batch up the dry ingredients into baggies by putting out a bunch of bowls and measuring the ingredients into the bowls. Then, I whisk the ingredients to mix well and pour them into snack sized baggies. So, in the morning when I'm ready to make breakfast, it doesn't take too long.



Put all dry ingredients in a medium microwave-safe mug.

Add wet ingredients to mug:
1 large egg
1 Tbl unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp avocado oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

mix well.




Gently stir in 10-14 blueberries, depending on size. Use the back of a spoon to press the batter down and smooth the top.

To the right is the blueberry muffin ingredients all mixed together and ready to go into the microwave.

Place the batter-filled mug in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, you may need to add an additional 15 seconds.

Run a butter knife around the cooked muffin to release it. Flip mug upside down over a plate and allow muffin to slide onto the plate.


To the left is the muffin, fresh out of the microwave, cut in fourths. I drizzle additional melted butter (about 1 tsp) over the meal. So yummy!

BTW, I got the unusual ingredients at Whole Foods. If you aren't close to a Whole Foods, try Jet.com.

If you enjoyed this post and have any interest in hearing more about the simple things I learned from this book that I've been able to integrate into my daily life, please sound off in the comments and I'll do some follow up posts (breakfast ideas, lunch ideas, dinner ideas, general Kato tips).

Surprise Giveaway!
Good thing you kept reading 😃  Leave a comment to get your name in the drawing for the colonial recipes from Amber Schamel's Dawn of Liberty collection. Sam Adam's favorites!

8 comments:

  1. What a great recipe! Thank you for sharing! I have had to make changes in my diet and this recipe works wonderfully for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool recipe! I’ll have to pass it on to my daughter who loves to bake. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. More and more people are trying the keto diet.
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great recipe! Sounds like a perfect breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect recipe to keep. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks so easy and yummy too! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this recipe. My husband is trying to do low-carb, so now I have a treat to bake for him.

    ReplyDelete