Friday, July 20, 2018

Going in Circles by Jodie Bailey

Going in CirclesSometimes you have to go where you've been to get where you're going. 

Public relations manager Samantha Dellinger spends her days making stock car drivers shine while keeping her own imperfections well hidden. If only good PR could fix what's wrong with her soul. After a scandal threatens the Dellinger racing team, Sam can't afford to take any more chances. But that's exactly what their new driver, Nate Thomas, wants her to do… take a chance on him. As the two grow closer, the idea seems ever more appealing, but Sam has a secret she can't risk exposing. Even if Nate could accept her past, Sam isn't sure she'll ever be free of it. And when that secret shows up at her door, eager to tempt her back into his arms, will she fall back into old ways, or will she finally confront the past and risk her future for the kind of love she never dreamed existed? 

Heidi here. Oh my, reading Going in Circles by Jodie Bailey was such a treat! Jodie has written a number of suspense novels with Love Inspired, but Going in Circles is all romance💓

The first book of the Dellinger Racing Series, Going in Circles gripped me from the very start. When I first met Samantha and Nate they were both so very broken, and that emotional baggage endeared me to them from page one. That brokenness and honesty from both characters kept me flipping pages wanting to know how their story ends. The author writes in first person, has an amazing sense of humor, and a marvelous storytelling voice.

The settings were amazing. I felt like I was sitting with Sam on her swing overlooking the lake. And in her basement apartment with her father living above her. And in the backseat of the car while Sam and Nate were together or when Sam and Ryan, her cousin, tooled around. The house Nate bought in the middle of the book, I want to live there! Oh, and last but not least, I want to eat at Mervin's because Shirley sounds like the funniest waitress😀

The plot involved car racing, which I am not very familiar with, but I found that world quite fascinating. Though I must say, car racing took a backseat to the romance Jodie Bailey built in this novel.

Suffice it to say, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Going in Circles and can't wait for the second in the series, Stalled Out, to release! 

3 comments: