Saturday, March 10, 2018

Author Interview with Christine Lindsay



Hi all! This week I get to introduce you to another wonderful author. Here is a little about her:
 
Irish-born Christine Lindsay is the author of multi-award-winning Christian fiction and non-fiction. Readers describe her writing as gritty yet tender, realistic yet larger than life, with historical detail that collides into the heart of psychological and relationship drama. Christine's books have garnered the ACFW Genesis Award, The Grace Award, Canada’s The Word Guild Award (Twice), the READERS’ CHOICE AWARD, and was a finalist twice for Readers’ Favorite and the Selah Award.   

This author’s non-fiction memoir Finding Sarah Finding Me is the true-life story that started this award-winning career in Christian fiction, non-fiction and speaking ministry.


What made you decide to become a writer?

My true-life story of giving my first-born up for adoption and our emotion roller-coaster of a reunion 20 years later urged me to put my spiritual and emotional healing into Christian fiction. Through the art of story-telling I can entertain readers and simultaneously encourage them as they go through their own life struggles. While I love to write fiction, my true-life story can be found in my award-winning non-fiction Finding Sarah Finding Me.  


Where did the inspiration for your latest historical romance come from? 

Inspiration came out of my own life when I learned that there can be healing and renewed joy after grief. The valleys and canyons of loss can lead us out to a high and wide mountain pasture strewn with alpine flowers as depicted in Sofi’s Bridge. I was so delighted when this book won the 2017 Readers Choice Award from the Faith Hope and Love Chapter of Romance Writers of America.


What is one of your favorite scenes in Sofi’s Bridge?

I gave you a broad hint in the previous question. Here is a snippet:

At the summit they reined the Clydesdales under a shady tree. The wind, carrying a clean pine fragrance, blew unimpeded as though they’d reached the top of the world and grasses swayed in the breeze.
Neil walked with Sofi along a pathway strewn on either side with blue and purple lupine, pink phlox, yellow arnica, and red Indian paintbrush. In the distance, pale blue and turquoise ice from glaciers filled crevices between serrated granite heights. Quiet awe filled his face as he swept his gaze three hundred and sixty degrees and studied the glaciers that though they were miles away seemed close enough to touch. Above the tree line, gray peaks scraped the sky, some still capped with snow.
Sofi could only hope that up here for a while he could let go of whatever pain he was hiding from the world, and from her.

What is your favorite thing about where you live?

My favorite scenes come out of my real life such as the scene above. I love to go for picnics to a park that overlooks the glaciers in the Cascade Mountains that bridge the border between Canada and the US. Those mountains are in my back yard and I treasure them as they show me a different face each and every day. I feel so close to God being so close to these glorious mountains.


What are you working on next? 

I’m working on the first book of a brand-new series, also set in a place I know very well. My Slane series is set in Ireland where I was born. I love writing full length series, such as my multi-award-winning trilogy set in Colonial British India called Twilight of the British Raj. Here’s hoping that my new series set in Ireland will be as successful.

Thank you for having me as a guest on Stitches Through Time.

Thank you for joining us!

Sofi’s Bridge (Winner of Readers’ Choice Award 2017)
Seattle Debutant Sofi Andersson will do everything in her power to protect her sister who is suffering from shock over their father’s death. Charles, the family busy-body, threatens to lock Trina in a sanatorium—a whitewashed term for an insane asylum—so Sofi will rescue her little sister, even if it means running away to the Cascade Mountains with only the new gardener Neil Macpherson to protect them. But in a cabin high in the Cascades, Sofi begins to recognize that the handsome immigrant from Ireland harbors secrets of his own. Can she trust this man whose gentle manner brings such peace to her traumatized sister and such tumult to her own emotions? And can Neil, the gardener, continue to hide from Sofi that he is really Dr. Neil Galloway, a man wanted for murder by the British police? Only an act of faith and love will bridge the distance that separates lies from truth and safety.
READ Chapter ONE of SOFI’S BRIDGE HERE.
Watch gorgeous, short music Video trailer for Sofi’s Bridge Click HERE

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about Christine Lindsay. A Beautiful trailer for Sofi's Bridge and a book going on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this snippet of Sofi's Bridge. Hope you get a chance to read her story. Hugs and blessings,

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining us today. Sofie's Bridge looks like an great read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I think you'd really like this historical romance. Set in Washington State is gorgeous with an immigrant hero and second generation American heroine. Hugs,

      Delete
  3. Sofi's Bridge sounds like a wonderful book. Thank you for sharing a great interview and book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, hope you get a chance to read this historical romance set among mountains and canyons with lots of excitement and a strong dose of mystery.

      Delete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Great interview. You live in a beautiful place and it reminds you of how God lifts us out of life's valleys. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara, you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what Sofi's Bridge is all about. Hope you get a chance to read this one. Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Christine's thoughts and the music trailer for Sofi's Bridge.

    ReplyDelete