Monday, February 26, 2018

Waiting



Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31 (NKJV)

I take comfort in these verses. I wrote last month about a time to rest. The Lord still has me in the ‘wait on Him’ stage. I must admit that at first, I struggled to be still and see what He has for me during this stage. Now I find myself content and wondering if God will have to push me out of my waiting period. :) I’ve honestly enjoyed focusing on things that I hadn’t been able to do for a number of years.

Soon I’ll be taking a trip that might give me a clearer direction of the path God wants to take me on this year. I trust that as I wait, He’ll renew my strength so that when the time comes, I’ll be able to soar like an eagle.

How do you respond when God has you in a ‘waiting period’? Do you chomp at the bit or are you content to rest and see where God leads you?




Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA) and has been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Live the Adventure Letter. She's a contributor for Putting on the New and Stitches Thru Time blogs. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.
 


3 comments:

  1. It's not always to rest and wait but then I remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and other promises of waiting/trusting in God's time. Thank you for sharing, Jodie. God's blessings and direction as you wait upon Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be content to rest and see where God leads me; however, it's not always easy. But God is always faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength…”—2 Timothy 4:17

    ReplyDelete