Monday, January 29, 2018

Rest

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.

He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.

Psalm 23:1-3 (NIV)

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted this morning. I'm coming off three weeks of being sick and find that I still am dealing with fatigue. The kind that makes it difficult to think straight and come up with a coherent thought for a post such as this. :)

Have you ever been out-of-sorts? That's the situation I've been in for almost the past year. 2017 had its ups and downs the way most years do. Although this one was different in that I experienced an  attack in one of the major areas where I have felt God's calling. So much so that I haven't move forward in any projects. I've felt almost dead/numb inside whenever I contemplated taking a step in that area.

I had a discussion with my husband yesterday concerning the block that I feel and wondering if I'll ever work in that area again. He assured me that I haven't lost that call, but perhaps God is just having me be still for a time-to work in other areas until He gives me the go-ahead to step out in faith again. As soon as my husband shared this, peace rushed into my heart. It was as though a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders.

For now, God has me resting in Him, waiting to see what He wants to show me during this time. He has me working in other areas that are much needed right now. I trust that when the time is right, He'll open the floodgates and return me to the call He has placed on my life. Until then, I choose to rest in Him.

How about you, have you ever had times like this? 




Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA) and has been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Live the Adventure Letter. She's a contributor for Putting on the New and Stitches Thru Time blogs. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.
 

4 comments:

  1. Jodie, thank you for this lovely reminder to rest in the Lord. I've been there where I could only wait, rest and trust God to open the doors for what I knew He had called me to do. Prayers for a healing touch, strength and God's perfect timing to return to your call from Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there have been times when I felt the need for rest. Prayers that you will soon feel strong and powerful in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete