Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Be Inspired! By Shirley Raye Redmond

So, today is Inspire Your Heart with Art Day. Who knew? Most dictionaries
define “art” as the various branches of creative activity—such as
painting, music, literature and dance. As we are created in the image of
God, it is no wonder that we enjoy being artistic, for our Heavenly Father
certainly is. Quilting, drawing, woodworking, candle-making, cross
stitching…there are so many ways to pursue one’s creative outlet.




We are wired to enjoy beauty too. God made us that way. Edith Schaeffer,
the wife of theologian Francis Shaeffer, once wrote: “If you have been
afraid that your love of beautiful flowers and the flickering flame of the
candle is somehow less spiritual than living in starkness and ugliness,
remember that He who created you to be creative gave you the things with
which to make beauty and the sensitivity to appreciate and respond to His
creation.”

I like to write novels and read books. I like to draw birds and bake pretty cookies. I also enjoy looking at images of people reading books. My friend Blanche thinks that’s odd, but it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to see other people reading. I’m including a few artistic images of girls reading. Can you guess which illustration was painted by Pierre Renoir?
You’d be surprised how many photographs and paintings of people enjoying books you can find online.



Which one do you like best?

And what will you do today to inspire your heart with art?

6 comments:

  1. I like scrapbooking...not sure if one would consider it an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black and white one and the bottom right. I'll myself smiling when I see pictures of individuals reading a book, especially with children listening. I like flowers and making crafts when time allows (so often I'm reading) Thank you for sharing this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black and white also. I love to see the joy of reading being learned at an early age!

    ReplyDelete