Saturday, October 28, 2017

Meet Mama - Character interview with Catherine Castle

Today I am excited to introduce a special guest from Catherine Castle's newest book, A Groom for Mama.
Beverly Walters is dying, and before she goes she has one wish - to find a groom for her daughter. To get the deed done, Mama enlists the dating service of Jack Somerset, Allison's former boyfriend.
 The last thing corporate-climbing Allison wants is a husband. Furious with Mama's meddling, and a bit more interested in Jack than she wants to admit, Allison agrees to the scheme as long as Mama promises to search for a cure for her terminal illness.

 A cross-country trip from Nevada to Ohio ensues, with a string of disastrous dates along the way, as the trio hunts for treatment and A Groom For Mama.


Welcome, Beverly! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?


Thanks for interviewing me, Amber. I’m retired. I’m the mother of Allison, an only child, whom I raised by myself. Her father abandoned us when Allison was a young girl. I’m active in my church where I work on the ladies committee, doing all sorts of things that the church and the community need. It’s fulfilling volunteer work, which I love.

What is the most important thing in your life?

My daughter, Allison, and my church.

If you could go back ten or fifteen years, what advice would you give yourself?
Take better care of myself. Life can be wonderful, but if we care for our bodies properly, it can be even better.

What legacy do you hope to leave when you’re gone?

When I’m gone, I want the people who knew me to say, “She was a kind and caring person who loved the Lord , her family, and anyone she met.”


Tell us why you’re so set on finding a husband for your daughter before you die.

Allison was deeply scarred by her father’s abandonment, to the point that she has put up a barrier to keep herself from getting hurt again. In New York, where she lives, I don’t think she has the kind of relationships that can help a person through the hard times in life. She tends to shut people off, build protective walls around her heart. When I’m gone I’m afraid she won’t have anyone close to help her bear her burdens. I want her to know that love doesn’t have to hurt, and that there is someone out there who would love to share his life with her, if she would just open her eyes to him. Actually, Allison and Jack both need to open their eyes and see what’s right in front of them.

What is your best match-making trick?

Reverse psychology. I use it on Jack and Allison when they get stubborn. Works every time. Making sure Allison gets plenty of horrid dates helps as well. But don’t tell anyone I had a hand in that. Allison might start standing up her dates.

Do you think you’ll succeed in this endeavor?

I certainly hope so, but my time is limited and my daughter can be extremely stubborn. I just need to get her and Jack to see that they are perfect for each other.

Any parting remarks?

Just in case you’re wondering, I’m not a horrible mother for meddling and matchmaking. I just love Allison and Jack and want to see them happy.

Thanks so much for sharing with us today, Beverly!

Readers, here's where you can find this book. 


 www.amzn.com/dp/B074SZSGB1  

You will also want to take a minute to check out Catherine online if you don't already follow her.



Multi-award-winning author Catherine Castle has been writing all her life. A former freelance writer, she has over 600 articles and photographs to her credit (under her real name) in the Christian and secular market. Now she writes sweet and inspirational romance. Her debut inspirational romantic suspense, The Nun and the Narc, published in 2013 from Soul Mate Publishing, has garnered multiple contests finals and wins, including:
2014 Beverly Hills Book Award Winner for Inspirational Romance
2014 RONE WINNER for Inspirational romance
2014 EPIC finalist for Action/adventure romance
2014 Carolyn Readers Choice Award finalist
Her newest book, a sweet romantic comedy entitled A Groom for Mama, releases September
2017 from Soul Mate Publishing

LINKS:
 Catherine’s website: http://catherinecastle1.wordpress.com
Catherine’s Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/author/catherinecastle

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great interview with Beverly Walters and her heart's desire for her daughter. She has a legacy to leave and a love that is strong, especially for her daughter, Allison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marilyn, thanks for coming by. Mama is someone whose hope for her daughter all mothers can identify with. I'm not sure I'd go go to the lengths she does playing Cupid, but it makes a fun story. I hope you get a chance to read the book.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting me and Mama today, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this interview and I hopped over to Amazon and grabbed A Groom for Mama. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patricia. I hope you'll enjoy the book!

      Delete
  4. I love character interviews, Amber. I'm putting A Groom for Mama on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the interview enough to add A Groom for Mama to your TBR list. I hope you'll enjoy the book,too.

      Delete
    2. So glad you liked the interview enough to add A Groom for Mama to your TBR list. I hope you'll enjoy the book,too.

      Delete
  5. Fun interview with Beverly. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the interview. Mama and I appreciate you dropping by to visit.

      Delete
    2. Glad you liked the interview. Mama and I appreciate you dropping by to visit.

      Delete