|Me as Bonnie Blue, owner of the Pig Pen Diner|
(Photo courtesy of Director and Author Janice Thompson)
|Junior and the Peppermints|
(Photo courtesy of Janice Thompson)
Well, I ain't one for using box mixes, but I do like putting a twist on my pancakes. Now remember, folks, I don't measure when I make these things so most of these amounts are guesstimates. :) Hopefully, this'll give you an idea for a special breakfast during the holidays or all through the year.
- 1 scoop of flour (~3/4 cup)
- A pinch of baking powder (~1/2 teaspoon)
- A pinch or two of sugar (~ 1 teaspoon)
- Dash of salt
- Stir together. "Waller" out a hole in the middle. In the hole, add...
- 1 egg
- A large dollop of pear butter (apple butter or apple sauce will work too) (~ 2-3 tablespoons)
- Buttermilk or milk
- Blend the wet ingredients together and then stir into the dry until well blended. Add more milk if needed to obtain the desired consistency.
- Add pecans if desired.
Cook 'em on a griddle, add some maple syrup, and MmmMmm, eat up, y'all!