- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Packages vanilla instant pudding mix (The secret ingredient that makes them perfect.)
- 3-4 cups chocolate chips, - My hubby did make them with bacon and maple syrup once, but I personally like to stick to chocolate. ;)
1) Sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
2) Mix the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth
3) Mix the pudding mix into the butter mixture, until smooth
4) Mix in the flour mixture. Do Not overmix. (Unless you want stiff cookies... which you don't.)
5) Add the chocolate chips (or whatever). You will need to mix these in by hand, to avoid overmixing.
6) Form into ~1" balls & tap down.
7) Bake @350 f. for 10 minutes.
8) Try (and fail) not to eat too many.
Makes ~6 dozen. (Unless we're are cooking for a group, we like to put portions into small ziploc bags and freeze them for those late night cravings, because there is nothing better then warm chocolate chip cookies. We flatten the bags so they thaw quickly.)
What are your favorite cookies?
Don't forget to leave a comment to get your name in the drawing for an Orphan Train Bride Audiobook by Teresa Ives Lilly! Winner announced in the Weekly Windup on the 15th. Check out all of our great prizes on the Prizes Galore page.