Monday, July 28, 2014

Strength When We Are Weary

Youths may faint and grow weary,
and young men stumble and fall,
 but those who trust in the Lord
will renew their strength;
they will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary;
they will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31
 
I don't know about you, but I feel like I've been running weary all summer long. It started in May when I started writing a new novel. By the end of June I had finished the first draft of my 94,000 word book.
 
Then we went right into helping my in-laws prepare to move to a senior community. Each weekend we've been traveling two hours one way to help downsize and get things ready for the move. It's been exhausting.
 
In the midst of all the weariness, I'm so thankful that I can always turn to God to renew my strength. I also love the promises from Psalm 54:4. 
 
"God is my helper;
the Lord is the sustainer of my life."
 
When's the last time you went to the Lord to renew your strength?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading your post! And I thought I'd been busy. As for when was the last time I went to the Lord to renew my strength--this morning...and five minutes ago when I felt so overwhelmed by all I need to do that I just clicked on the Stitches Thru Time blog and read your post. Just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am thankful that we can always turn to God to renew our strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder of where our true strength comes from, Jodie. God is always there to help if we'll but lean on Him. May His strength be perfected in us all this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've posted my favorite Bible verse here, especially the soaring on eagle's wings part. Caring for our elderly parents can be strength sapping. For me, that was when I leaned on the Lord at lot, for strength, and patience and wisdom. Thanks for this lovely devotion.

    ReplyDelete