Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Chance to Meet My Favorite Authors

Getting to meet some of my favorite authors has been a wonderful blessing of pursuing my own writing career. I have been delighted to discover how personable and approachable my long-admired heroes have been when I've met them at writers conference.
It is especially exciting that in less than two months, I will have the privilege of meeting and learning from two wonderful Christian authors. Kristen Heitzmann and Janice Hanna Thompson will be the guest speakers at the Called to Write Conference in Pittsburg, Kan.

I have read several works by both of these authors. Ms. Heitzmann is known for compelling, contemporary stories that weave emotion into thrilling plots. At a good friend's recommendation, I recently read The Still of Night. I was a bit hesitant because I knew my friend loved this book and I  worried it wouldn't quite live up to expectations. It proved to be every bit as gripping as promised. I just started the next book in the series,The Breath of Dawn, which my friend promises is even better.
Janice Thompson writes both fiction and non-fiction and I'm hard pressed to say which I like better. Her charming romance stories are filled with humor and her devotionals are both wise and witty.
Lucky for me, The Called To Write Conference is just a few hours from home. Lucky for you, it is incredibly bargain priced - just $70 before March 1, then $80 after that date. So even if you have to travel, this conference is well worth it.
I hope you consider coming. Bring along your books for Ms. Heitzmann and Ms. Thompson to sign and be sure to find me so we can get acquainted. Meeting authors and fellow writers is the best part of any writers conference.

See you there!
Susan Mires

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE meeting authors! I recently had the opportunity to meet one of my favorites and one of Stitches own, Mona Hodgson. What a joy and a blessing! I hope you enjoy a wonderful time at the conference, Susan!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these authors' books. Wish I had the time to make this conference. It sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by what authors are able to do so when given the opportunity, I love meeting authors. I know you will have a wonderful time at your conference. I would love to hear about it later on. Thank you, Susan!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have been amazed by the generosity and sincerity of authors. I'll be glad to share about it, Melanie.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to try and make it. I would love to meet both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make it, Christina.

      Delete
  5. Wish I was closer!! Maybe one year I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete