Do you love bread?
Basic Wheat Bread
- 2 cups warm water (about 100 degrees) (you may need a little more water. If you do, add a tablespoon at a time until the dough looks moist and sticky but pulls from the sides of the bowl.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or whatever salt you use in your home.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 5 – 6 cups whole wheat flour (for a lighter bread use ½ bread flour and ½ whole wheat)
- 1 Tablespoon rapid rise yeast (you don’t need to “proof” rapid rise – but you can if you want.)
- ¼ cup powdered milk (optional but will make a nice tender dough)