Monday, September 7, 2015

American Prince, Release Day

     Every writer has a favorite story burning through them - a story whose characters will not leave them be - a story they hope will be the highlight, of their career.
     And today after ten years of crafting, redrafting, and many tears, the story I'm most passionate about will finally be officially released - a four-novel series called American Prince. A story of love, heartbreak, and Biblical truths. 
    Why does this story resonate with me? That is a question I have asked myself many times. I have never lived the characters' lives, nor do they epitomize a message I have been burning to tell. 
     They are just characters I love. And perhaps that is the reason. To me, William Mathew Wilkerson is real. Sometimes, as I watch the news, I can't believe there are no Wilkersons secretly behind the scenes running the world, deciding what laws get passed or who dies. And of all the characters I've ever written, William Wilkerson is my favorite. 
     Of course there is an overall message to the story. Maybe this message is the reason why American Prince took up so much of my time. It's a message I believe that we as Christians living in a world of Muslim terrorists or readng about gay rights in the paper, might forget. I can't tell what that message is, because that would give away the plot of the story and then I would be robbing the readers. 
     But nonetheless, the American Prince series is my favorite, and I hope my readers will love it too. There is something scary about publishing a novel. In some ways, it's like raising a child from infancy. You nourish the child, help it to become the best he or she can be and then, right when that child is graduating college and starting to make his or her way in the world, you give the child away to a million adoptive mothers.
    Some of those mothers will love your child. Some will hate it and toss the child to the side, half read. And some of those mothers will take a journey with the child, interpreting the child's personality, through their own frame of references, and you will never know. In fact you can't do anything about what these mothers do with the child. Because just like with adoption, once that novel is placed into the reader's hand, you lose all control. It becomes theirs. 
    It is my prayer that these new mothers will enjoy them, grow from them, but most importantly, I pray that if there is an unsaved mother who picks up my child, I hope my child helps lead her to the true father of all. 




Leave a comment to enter to win a choice of the Ebook box set or a print copy of Privileged.






                                                                      Blurb for Privileged

   Small-town girl Katie Morris knew that attending an all-girls college near Yale University, she might meet the sons and daughters of the nation’s leaders. But she never imagined one such son would strive to capture her heart with his promises of a happily-ever-after. However, a dark nature lurks inside her prince, which clashes with his charm. Will Katie be able to hang on to her fairy tale when the man she loves turns into the man she fears?
   Since the moment of William Wilkerson’s birth, he had been groomed to take his father’s place in ruling the nation behind the scenes, deciding what laws get passed and who governs. But ruling requires the ability to control, manipulate, and the more William becomes the man his father desires of him, the more he finds himself turning into what he vowed never to be: a man who is a threat to the young woman he loves.
  When a deal with terrorists orchestrated by his father is revealed, his family’s power is threatened, forcing William to make a choice: Sacrifice the young woman he can’t live without, or let everything his father has built, collapse.

What shall he choose?




J.M. Downey is the christian fiction romance author of both historical and political suspense novels. Her novels cover topics such as the Civil War, Victorian England and Biblical stories retold in modern settings. She has master's degree in English From East Carolina University, and currently works for a premier test scoring company. She is the mother of a precocious six-year-old girl, who enjoys bugs, snakes and superman. She enjoys southern cooking, reading and exploring emerging technology, but is best defined by her devotion to her faith and the empowerment of women in the modern world.

Follow on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/J.M.Downeysouthernrosepress

website

http://jmdowneysouthernrosepress.weebly.com/index.html


4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I read about this on another site too, and am really excited to check these out. They sound GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded privileged and am excited to read it. Would be awesome to win the series!!

    ReplyDelete